Food Storge Info

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Don't let Your Knowledge of the Metric System ruin Your Recipe

Understanding Metric Symbols and a having a Metric Conversion Calculator will help to insure your recipes always turn out the way you intended them to.


I vividly remember the metric measurement conversion lessons being taught to me in Junior High School (they call it Middle School now). The only thing on my mind at that time was girls and "why don't you let me get the cups,pints,pounds and inches thing together first." Like with any major change I was reluctant to learn basically due to laziness.

I was able to get through this subject without too much of a problem as the change (converting to the metric system) that my teachers referred to did not happen too quickly or didn't effect me immediately. But as I browse the grocery aisles many years later I've noticed the metric symbols on the food packaging. You know what I mean liter, milliliter,grams, and on and on. It's a little sad but the first metric measurement as an adult that I was familiar with was for soda (chaser) 1 liter and alcoholic beverages 750 ml (that's like a fifth).

I definitely could not sit here and explain the formula for turning ounces into metric volume but here is a
Metric Conversion Calculator provided by EngNetGlobal.com (check bottom of page).

Hopefully this information will be of some assistance to You and Your delicious Recipes.

Take Care,
Carl C
Food-Storage-Info.com

No comments: